We’ll get right back to you.
- Single and twin bedrooms in small groups of two or three people
- Some rooms with balcony
- Bathroom and mini kitchen with fridge, sink, and hotplates for each group
- One bathroom for every two to four people
- All rooms are furnished (wardrobe, bed, desk, chair and shelf)
- Telephone, internet and satellite connections
- Student club in the link building
- Gym, bicycle storage, laundry
- On-site building manager
- in the Eckersbach area of Zwickau
- Just a few minutes’ walk from the university buildings and the Scheffelberg campus canteen
- Ample parking spaces
- Quiet location outside of the city centre
- Plenty of shops
- Excellent public transport links to the city centre
All utility costs such as heating, electricity, water, internet and TV are included, so you have no additional expenses and complete control over your finances!
- 1 bed in a twin room €185,50
- Single room €205,50 - €235,50
- Single apartment €265,50
- Deposit €380,00
(Subject to change)
On 11.01.2022 the groundbreaking ceremony for the new building of the dormitory Makarenkostraße took place. This marks the start of construction work for the replacement building.
Already in the summer semester 2023, the students of the West Saxon University of Applied Sciences Zwickau can move into the modern dormitory with 125 approx. 20 m² single apartments, six of them barrier-free. The apartments are equipped with a bathroom and kitchen and are fully furnished. The sliding shutters on the building facade, which also serve as sun protection, lend the building a striking appearance. The flexibly usable, open "community lounge" as a common area on the first floor invites communication among the residents. A fitness room, a laundry room and a separately accessible student club round off the building's facilities. The spacious outdoor area with its landscaped open spaces is shielded from the street and has 130 bicycle and 20 car parking spaces.
The Chemnitz-Zwickau Student Union is investing a total of approximately 12 million euros in the new dormitory building. This measure is co-financed by tax funds on the basis of the budget passed by the Saxon state parliament. The Free State of Saxony is contributing approximately half of the costs. These investment grants will enable the Chemnitz-Zwickau Student Union to continue offering affordable student housing in the future.