Cashless payments with your TU-Card, Hochschulcard or chip card

You can use cashless payment methods to pay for food and drinks at all of our establishments. You can either use your TU-Card (Chemnitz University of Technology) or Hochschulcard (University of Applied Sciences Zwickau), or a Studentenwerks Chemnitz-Zwickau chip card.

You will receive your TU-Card/Hochschulcard from your university when you start a course or job there. It has a number of other university-specific uses alongside cashless payment in our canteens and cafeterias.

The chip card of the Studentenwerk Chemnitz-Zwickau with various levels of subsidies is issued to guests, enrolled students of other universities as well as trainees and employees of the state of Saxony, in each case after verification of the corresponding entitlement (e.g. by presenting proof of employment for state employees, the employment contract, Imma certificate, etc.) and, if applicable, payment of a proportionate semester fee.

  • Where are chip cards issued?

    Mensa Reichenhainer Straße in Chemnitz
    Secretariat of Head of Mensa
    back wall of the great hall


    Info point of Studentenwerk in Zwickau
    Innere Schneeberger Straße 23
    room 103/1

  • How can I get my leftover credit refunded?

    You can withdraw your remaining balance of all card types (SWCZ, TUC, WHZ) in Chemnitz at the cash desk of the Mensa Reichenhainer Straße and in Zwickau at the Cafeteria Ring.

    For the deposit of intact Studentenwerk chip cards, please contact the issuing offices mentioned in question 1. The Studentenwerk chip card will be retained in the process.

  • My card isn’t working, what can I do?

    Cards that are no longer usable can be checked at the issuing offices (see question 1) and handed in if necessary. Any remaining credit balance and, in the event of loss of function through no fault of your own, the deposit for chip cards issued by the Studentenwerk will be paid out.

  • I lost my card. What can I do?

    Our staff will be happy to help you. Please contact the secretariat of the cafeteria management at Reichenhainer Straße 55 in Chemnitz or the cafeterias Straße der Nationen (Chemnitz), Ring or Scheffelberg (Zwickau).

    If the card has not already been found, we can block it. You will be paid your remaining balance, the deposit will be forfeited.

Contact person Mensacard / Secretariat of the head of the canteen

Ms Elke Mehnert-Rach
Campus Catering
Room: Mensaleiterbüro/1
Phone: +49 371 56 28-666

Office hours:
Mo – Fr: 09:00 – 13:30

Office Head of Mensa in the big dining hall (1st floor)

Mitarbeiterin: Frau Elke Mehnert-Rach

Contact person Zwickau

Ms Gabriela Pitzler
Info point Zwickau
Branch Secretary Zwickau
Room: 103/1
Innere Schneeberger Str. 23
08056 Zwickau
Phone: +49 375 2710-512

Office hours:
Tue 9:30 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 15:30
Wed 9:30 - 11:30
Thu 9:30 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 15:30

Mitarbeiterin: Frau Gabriela Pitzler