Social Counselling Service for International Students

We have an open ear for students! During a personal meeting we are looking for solutions together concerning personal, social or economical obstacles. We offer support and advice for international students regarding, e.g. the ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio Broadcasting Contribution, concerning the correspondence with public authorities or the financing of studies, but also in regard to studying with children or studying with disabilities.

The counselling is free of charge and is bound to professional discretion. Counselling sessions can be held in German or English.

For general questions, please feel free to come by during the open office hours. In more complex situations please arrange an individual appointment with us via email or phone beforehand.


Helpful links and information for international students

To make it easier for international students to access relevant information and to get to know other useful contact points, we have compiled the following overview for you. Here you will find useful information on residence permits, broadcasting contribution, health insurance, jobs in/after your studies, dictionaries, lists of English-speaking doctors and much more.
If your questions or concerns cannot be answered here, please do not hesitate to contact us!

General information concerning:

Broadcasting contribution by "ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio Beitragsservice“

Information on residence permits for students (pdf, 195 kB)

Checklist: required documents for the application for student residence permit (pdf, 367 kB)

Job regulations for international students in Germany (pdf, 287 kB)

Health insurance (pdf, 204 kB)

Dictionaries on the following topics: Student halls (pdf, 8.39 MB), Mensa (pdf, 3.74 MB) & Health (pdf, 1.75 MB)

Tips for International Students - How do I finance my studies in Germany?

This video by the Deutsches Studentenwerk explains requirements and options for financing studying in Germany for international students. It explains legal restrictions in the area of jobbing, and provides practical tips for planning your studies in Germany. An extra section on Covid 19 also summarizes the most important sources of information on studying in Germany during the pandemic.



Comic apartment buildings