Let's save the Club of Cultures!
Dear students and members of TUC,
for almost two decades the Club of Cultures – abbreviated CdK (for the German name “Club der Kulturen”) - in the flat building behind Thüringer Weg 3 has played a very significant role in shaping the social and cultural life on our campus.
It was a meeting place for students from all countries of origin, a venue for workshops and international cultural or language evenings, a home for concerts, parties and barbecues - a very unique symbol of the internationality of our campus in Chemnitz.
When the pandemic hit it has unfortunately become very quiet. Many of the former club members are no longer staying in Chemnitz. A necessary generation change has not yet taken place.
We think this has to change! The Club of Cultures needs new life!
For the coming summer semester we are therefore planning the re-opening of the facilities in cooperation with the International Office of TU Chemnitz, the student council of TUC, the student clubs and the student initiative "kulturcampus".
And we definitely need you!
- Are you interested in a collective painting action to spice up the CdK (also a great possibility to find new friends)?
- Are you culturally engaged and like to organize events?
- Do you want to experience a multicultural mix and put your foreign language skills into practice?
- Are you looking for a space for international encounters and exchange in the heart of our campus?
- Can you imagine taking some responsibility for the CdK?
In short: Do you want to save the CdK together with us?
Then please get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to you!